Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Well, that's interesting

I see interesting things on a daily basis here.  They may not be life altering, but many times they make me stop and notice.  Sometimes it is a unique product, other times a fun building.  I often think "I'd love to share this with so-and-so."  So, here I am sharing some interesting things that have caught my attention recently.

A friend asked if I would like a blueberry strawberry bagel with cream cheese.  I haven't had a bagel in a very long time.  So, even though I normal prefer savory bagels (pumpernickel anyone?), I happily accepted the offer.


She handed this to me and I burst out laughing.  It was a huge lump of dough that had been boiled and baked, but it was unlike any bagel I've ever seen.  When I sliced the blueberry "bagel" open, I found a dried strawberry and a strip of cream cheese that had been baked inside.  If I had closed my eyes, I never would have known I wasn't eating a traditional circular bagel as far as the bread was concerned.  However, the cream cheese was very dense after being baked and the large piece of dried fruit was a little strange. 

I've often said that Japanese people are master parkers, but this is ridiculous. 


There is less than 3 inches on each side of the vehicle!  I've seen this van parked here multiple times, so I know it isn't a fluke.  This person is a true master parker.  There is a door into the building that aligns with the driver's door to let the driver in and out of the car.

I just think this house is adorable. 


It makes me smile each time I see it.  The reddish orange roof and accents are so cheerful and the circle windows are full of character.  Not to mention the crazy angles of the roof.  I always thing the people who live here must be full of joy.  I wonder how they have decorated the inside!  What do you think?  Would you want to live here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...