Saturday, April 28, 2018

Pancake heaven

Before my friends left yesterday, we decided to give the coffee shop with the promising pancakes another try.  We took my son to the park in the morning while we waited.  He entertained us with his climbing skills and flipping skills.  I noticed a long time ago in the states that he climbing structures were slowly disappearing.  They never left Japan.  Some of them are pretty ancient!  But kids are all over them anyway.  The parks here also still have those wonderful single bars that I grew up with as a child.  He is just like me in the fact that he could flip around and around those bars for what seems like eternity.  When you're waiting for pancakes, it is a great distraction!


Once our watches indicated 11 am, we headed off to get the pancakes!  We settled in quickly and ordered our food.  The pancakes take 20 minutes, as does the soufflĂ© my friend ordered.  We happily agreed to the wait time because at least they weren't denying our order this time!

When the food arrived, we were all delighted that we had come back. 

My friend's strawberry French toast was so enticing.  The fresh berries (with whipped cream) were super sweet and the dish did not need any syrup. 


My other friend's soufflĂ© with chocolate sauce was also divine.  He dug right in and found it to be delightfully light, yet filling.


My pancakes were the reason we had gone back.  Each pancake was about 2 inches tall!  I was expecting the pancakes to be dense, but they were light and fluffy.  Topped with a whipped cream sauce, a scoop of ice cream, and strawberries, it was more like dessert than breakfast.  I had to share, because there was no way I could finish those pancakes on my own.  But, boy, were they amazing!  I enjoyed every bite I took.


When I told my son we were going to the coffee shop for pancakes, he was super excited.  It actually made leaving the park much easier.  When we arrived, I totally expected my son to request the kid's meal with fluffy pancakes.  I gave him the menu with his choices and didn't really discuss it with him.  I figured he was fine deciding based on the photos in the menu.  When the waitress asked what he wanted, he ordered spaghetti! 

After our meal, my friend joked "I guess you'll be back here a lot!"  I responded with "Actually, no.  I can't buy clothes my size here already, so there's no way I can eat more pancakes!  These babies are not waist friendly at all."  But as a special treat?  Yes.  I'll be back - but always with a friend to share with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The time has come to say goodbye

Earlier this year my husband applied for a new job. As usual, I encouraged him as he went through the interview process. It was a long, draw...